martes, 8 de octubre de 2013

Dust in the wind

I am listening to this song while I am trying to type some lines in English.
It is so curious when you let yourself go by the Youtube videolists. I began with a John Taylor song, which it was not the one I wanted to listen but it was good for me. It was the song of a River Phoenix film, a film when he was young. Young. He died at 23! He was a teenager then, it was a film with Martha Plynthom (I am sure her name spelling is not correct, but I don' t want to ask Google, because I won' t finish this post ever).
Anyway, it was a good start for a thread, after I have listened to the song I was looking for, Annie's song, of John Denver. Hopefully I have found it by the chorus first line 'you fill up my senses'. Internet is magic. I guess I would have spent many hours when I was at school reading pages and pages and pages, moving from one to another, just like I used to do with the enciclopediae I had at home at that time.
Now, it is Metallica, with 'Nothing else matters', the real one!

It is a shame English has not yet registered anything in my emotional memory. Except from a classmate I used to have, the very first guy I fell in love with, and the very first guy that kissed my lips, so softly, so smooth. The most amazing anckle ever! But he was not British, anyway.
It would have been great if I ever have met a British boy, with Tony Blair's accent (obviously not the Scottish one hahaha), to teach me how to cook a Yorkshire pudding and willing to eat my cocido, for instance...

And to close, 'Wind of change', Scorpions wonderful song, about when I was teen, sixteen, and the Iron Curtain was falling over, everything was brand new, I dreamt about visiting Budapest, Prague...Moscu, asking people about the way they had living, how was living in a communist country like...Next I will look for Sting song about that! I hope the Russians love their children too. It was a real threaten, then! It still is but it seems we are not aware enough.

I guess in the 80s songwriters were more conscious of the world they were living in, now there is only nihilism, like mine sometimes.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario